Sail Solomons in Screwpile Lighthouse Challenge Regatta 2015
Mention Solomons to Chesapeake Bay racers and they think “Screwpile”. Held every July in Solomons for over 20 years, the Screwpile Lighthouse Challenge is a regional sailboat regatta drawing over 120 boats (and their crews and enthusiastic supporters) each year from across the country. The event features three days of great racing and four nights of rip-roaring parties.
This year’s features will afford even greater participation and viewing from land or sea:
- Weekend format – Friday thru Sunday racing
- Distance race on Saturday, finishing off the Solomons Riverwalk pavilion
- Strictly Cruising Class, which will race on Saturday and Sunday
Sail Solomons is entering 2-3 boats in the Strictly Cruising Class this year, and is offering crew positions onboard. Racing experience is not required; you’ll have a coach/instructor onboard. Cost is $100/day, or 1 Sailing Session for Sail Solomons Club Members. Strictly Cruising Racing days are:
- Saturday, July 18 – Distance Race
- Sunday, July 19 – Distance Race
To reserve your crew spot onboard, email email@example.com or call 410-326-4917.